• It describes how we collect, use and process your personal data, and in doing so, how we comply with our legal obligations to you. Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protect and safeguard the privacy rights of your data.
• For the purposes of the applicable data protection legislation (including, among others, the General Data Protection Regulation [Regulation (EU) 2016/679] ("GDPR")], the company responsible for the collection and the processing of your data can be found here (www.vltcargo.com).
What kind of personal data do we collect?
• CLIENT / PARTNERS DATA: If you are a VLT Cargo Lda client or partner, we need to collect and use information about you, or the people of your company, in order to provide our services, such as: names, e-mails, address, Vat number.
• As you access our website, we will also collect certain data from you. More information on this subject below.
• WEBSITE USERS: we collect a limited amount of data that we use to help us improve your experience in our website and to help us manage the services we provide. That includes the information about the way you use our website, the frequency of the visits and at which times our website is more popular.
• Several elements of the personal data that we collect about you are necessary to enable us to fulfill our contractual obligations, to you or third parties. Other points may simply be needed to ensure that our relationship runs smoothly. Depending on the concerned type of personal data, and the grounds on which we may treat them, if you refuse to provide us we may not be able to fulfill our contractual obligations or, in extreme cases, we may not be able to continue with our business relationship.
How do we collect your personal data?
• CLIENT/PARTNER DATA: We collect your data, directly through you, with your consent.
• As you access our website, read or click on an email from us, we may also collect certain data automatically, or through you, always with your consent.
• WEBSITE USERS: we automatically collect your data through cookies when you visit our website, in line with your browser's cookie settings. If you want to know more about cookies, namely how we use them and what options you have, please check the description below. We will also collect your data when you contact us through the website, for example using the email feature. The collection of the data always requires your prior consent.
How do we use your personal data?
• CLIENT/PARTNER DATA: The main reason for using the client’s information is to ensure that contractual arrangements between us can be properly applied, so that the relationship runs smoothly. The more information we have, the more personalized our service can become.
• WEBSITE USERS: We use your information to help us improve our website user experience, for example by analyzing the criteria of your recent research, in order to help us introduce you to something we think is of interest to you.
• Please be aware that communications with VLT Cargo Lda, including e-mails, may be analyzed as part of an internal or external investigation and litigation, always justified by legal interests or obligations.
Whom do we share your personal data?
• CLIENT/PARTNER DATA: We will share your data: i) first, to ensure that we present to you an appropriate set of proposals; ii) to provide you with a product (or to assist another company to do so); through your consent, we may share your information with any of our group companies and associated third parties, such as our service providers, to help us meet these goals.
• WEBSITE USERS: Through your consent, we may share your information with network analytics service providers, marketing automation platforms, and social networking services to ensure that the ads you receive are directed to you.
How do we safeguard your personal data?
• The protection of your information is important to us, which is why we apply appropriate measures designed to prevent unauthorized access and misuse of your personal data.
How long do we keep your personal information?
• We will keep your data for the duration of our contractual relationship. Once it’s finished and if, within a period of one year, we have not had relevant contact with you (or, if appropriate for the company), we will delete your personal data from our systems, unless we consider in good faith that the law or other regulation obliges us to keep them (eg obligations to the tax authorities or to an early dispute).
How can you access, change or remove the personal information you have provided us?
• Right to object: If we are using your data as we believe it is necessary for our legitimate interests and you do not agree, you have the right to object. We will respond to your request within 30 days (although in certain cases we may be allowed to extend this deadline).
• Right to withdraw the consent: If we have obtained your consent to process your personal data for certain activities (for example, for the definition of the proposal) or consent for marketing purposes, you may at any time withdraw it.
• Right of rectification: At any time, you can ask us to change, update or delete your data. At this point, we can fulfill your request or, in addition, carry out one of the following actions:
• we may ask you to verify your identity or ask for more information about your request; and.
• by virtue of a legal obligation, we may refuse your request, but we will explain the reasons for doing so.
• Right to delete: In certain situations (for example, if we have unlawfully processed your data), you have the right to ask us to "delete" your personal data. We will respond to your request within 30 days (although in certain cases we may be allowed to extend this deadline) and will only disagree with you if certain limited conditions are applied. If we agree to your request, we will delete your data, but we will generally assume that you will prefer us to keep a note of your name in our register of people who prefer not to be contacted. In this way, we will reduce the chances of being contacted in the future when your data is collected in unrelated circumstances. If you prefer not to, you can say so.
• Right to data portability: If you wish, you have the right to transfer your data from us to another controller. We will collaborate on this transfer - transferring your data directly to you or providing you with a copy in an automatic read-only format of common use.
• Right to complain to an inspection authority: You also have the right to submit a complaint to your local control authority, whose data can be consulted here ( https://www.cnpd.pt/)
• If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can find information on how to contact us at www.vltcargo.com.
• It is important that the personal information we have about you is accurate and current. Please let us know if there are any changes to your personal information during the time that we keep your data.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data on the VLT Cargo Lda website?
• VLT Cargo Lda controls the treatment of your personal data on it’s website (s).
What is a cookie?
• They are used by almost all websites and do not harm your system. If you want to check or change the type of cookies you accept, you can usually do so in your browser settings.
- to track your use of our website. This allows us to understand how you use the website and track any patterns that may arise individually or from larger groups, which will help us to develop and improve our website and services in response to what our visitors want and need; and
- to help us advertise jobs that we think are of interest to you. This is expected to mean that you spend less time scrolling through endless pages and that we can get you the job you want faster.
• Cookies are:
- Session Cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your Web session and are automatically deleted when you close the browser - they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to navigate a website without having to log in to each page, but do not collect any information from your computer; or
- Persistent Cookies: these are stored as files on your computer and are maintained when you close your Web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you return to that website. We use persistent Google Analytics cookies and for customization (see below).
• Cookies can be categorized as follows:
- Cookies strictly required: These cookies are essential to allow you to use the website effectively, such as when applying for a job and, therefore, cannot be disabled. Without these cookies, the services that are available to you on the website cannot be provided. These cookies do not collect information about you that can be used for marketing or remember where you were on the Internet.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to track visits, identify traffic sources, and see which pages of the site are most popular.
- Feature Cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your username, language or region you are) and provide enhanced functionality. For example, we may provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. These cookies can also be used to remind the changes you made to the size of the text, typeface, and other parts of the Web pages that you can customize. They can also be used to deliver services you have requested, such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information that these cookies collect is usually anonymous.
- Customization Cookies: These cookies help us to announce data on potential job opportunities that we believe to be of interest to you. These cookies are persistent (as long as you are registered with us) and mean that when you log in or return to the website you may see job ads similar to the jobs you previously browsed.
The list of cookies shown below represents the ones we use in your jurisdiction, the reason we use them and what kind of cookies they are.
• If you do not wish to receive cookies that are not strictly necessary to perform basic functionalities of our website, you may opt for self-exclusion by changing your browser settings.
• For more general information about cookies, including how to disable cookies, see aboutcookies.org. You'll also find information on how to delete cookies from your computer.
HOW TO CONTACT US:
Rua Marechal Teixeira Rebelo, nº 2 – 2 D, Edifício Oeiras Office, 2780-239 Oeiras, Portugal
Tel.: +351 210 993 747 | email@example.com
HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL CONTROL AUTHORITY:
The National Commission of Data Protection. You can contact them in the following ways:
• Phone (+351) 213 928 400 / Privacy Line: +351 213 930 039
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Online information requests: https://www.cnpd.pt/bin/Duvidas/Duvidas_frm.aspx
• Online Complaints Submissions: https://www.cnpd.pt/bin/Duvidas/Queixas_frm.aspx
• Address: Rua de São Bento, nº 148-3º, 1200-821 Lisboa, Portugal
• Fax: +351 213 976 832
• Clients/Partners - although the designation is sufficiently enlightening, this category includes clients and others to whom VLT Cargo Lda provides services in the course of its activity.
• Delete - although we will make every effort to permanently erase your personal data as soon as the storage period has expired or when we receive a valid request from you to do so, some of your data may continue to exist on our systems, such as if you are waiting being replaced. In our case, these data have been put out of use, which means that although they still exist in our file system, they cannot be immediately accessed by our operating systems, processes or personnel.
• General Regulation of Data Protection (RGDP) – a legal instrument of the European Union aimed at harmonizing European data protection laws. It has an effective application date of May 25, 2018 and any references to it must be interpreted accordingly to include any legislation implementing it.
• Website Users - anyone who accesses the VLT Cargo Lda website.